Thursday, June 4, 2015

Happy Birthday Layout

Happy Thursday everyone!  Here is a two-page layout that I finished up this morning that was made using the "Happy Birthday" file set.  I just love how it turned out and hope you will also!  Here's a peek at the whole layout:

(click to view larger images)
While I was assembling the pieces for this layout, I made the title first and placed it on my desk out of the way and started on the next pieces.  After working a bit, I noticed that the title had gotten shifted over and was laying on part of the little Birthday Girl's hand and thought, "Hmmm... what if I used the title as a banner being held by the boy and girl?".  So that's what I did and I think it's so fun how we can use our own imaginations and think a little outside the box!

Here are some closer looks at everything:





I just LOVE the font that was used for this Happy Birthday title!  The presents were soooo simple to assemble so I made two sets of them!

The Birthday Girl's hat has some purple flocking on it.  I've had this in my stash for a long time and never used it before, so figured this was the perfect time to bust that out!

I added some Silver Liquid Pearls to decorate my birthday cake and also some Gold Liquid Pearls to the cake platter.  I hadn't used this particular product before and I think I need a little more practice LOL!

Although you can't really tell by this photo, the bows and strings on my balloons have Diamond Stickles on them so that they coordinate nicely with the sparkly ones on my background paper.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and taking a look at my project!  You can find the "Happy Birthday" file on the Cuddly Cute Designs' website HERE.  Be sure to take a peek at not only this file, but everything on the site as there's a wonderful 50% Off Sale going on right now so it's a perfect time to grab up those cutting files you've been wanting!

And, if you haven't already, be sure to check out our Facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/cuddlycutedesigns

Happy Scrapping!  ~DT Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment